Quantcast

Building Expansion

The Cancer Institute's expansion and its original Walker Tower are seamlessly connected by a 12-story atrium

Since it was founded in 1984, the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute has developed a reputation for quality patient care, education, research and community outreach. Our programs have attracted patients from all over Arkansas, across the country and around the world.

A 300,000-square-foot, 12-story expansion to the Cancer Institute opened in August 2010 and includes a large infusion clinic for patients to receive chemotherapy; a blood draw area; a 12-story atrium; large waiting areas with a variety of comfortable seating and amenities; additional research labs; and other areas. Natural light is prevalent throughout the building, and a monumental staircase spans all 12 floors offering an impressive view of the Little Rock skyline.

Architecture firms Cromwell Architects Engineers Inc. of Little Rock and FKP Architects of Houston were selected for the project. CDI Contractors, Inc. was the general contractor.

Cromwell, which won a design award for its work on the Jackson T. Stephens Spine & Neurosciences Institute building at UAMS, worked closely with Cancer Institute staff on designs for the expansion. FKP has been involved in more than 600 health care projects, including design work on the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

The expansion gives us much-needed additional space to care for more patients and to expand our research efforts and outreach programs.

Featured Video

Palliative Care Featured Video

Parking

4018 W Capitol Ave.
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
Google Map

New Appointments

501-296-1200



Volunteer Now