May 11, 2012

Celese Marshall | Breast Cancer Survivor

Celese Marshall
“For me, the Seed of Hope represents the mustard seed found in the Bible.

If only you had the amount of faith in God as in a grain of mustard seed, you could move mountains, and nothing shall be impossible to you.  Matthew 17:20

Through my journey with breast cancer there have been many seeds planted in my life … seeds of hope, seeds of love, and seeds of compassion. Each one was very evident in the wonderful doctors, nurses and staff here at UAMS. Dr. Makhoul, Dr. Henry-Tillman, Dr. Yuen, and Dr. Honnebier made an excellent team, as each one addressed a different facet of my health care. My hope for them, as well as for all of the physicians at UAMS, is that they will never grow weary of going the extra mile to calm the fears that can hinder the growth of hope, but continue to plant seeds of strength, so that those who are facing the battle of cancer can endure with great perseverance.

I am truly grateful to all of those who participated in supporting me through my journey with cancer, but especially for those who prayed for my healing, as they have the faith of a mustard seed, and that brings HOPE!”

Celese Marshall
Breast cancer survivor
Maumelle, Ark.