July 6, 2012

Don Wallace | Throat Cancer survivor

“Cancer reinforced my connection to God and made me more secure spiritually. I always appreciated and cherished my relationships with friends and loved ones, but cancer made my relationships so much more meaningful.

I leaned on all aspects of my support team while undergoing treatment. I sought spiritual support from my church community and relied on my doctors to support me medically.

What I think is so special about the Cancer Institute is that no one ever gave up on me. I have been a patient here for the past six years and regardless of the good or bad, the doctors and staff remained positive. They never once gave up on me, and I am so grateful.

I think the best thing a person facing a cancer diagnosis can do is remain positive.  Allow those who can help you to help. It may sound strange but, put your life and fate into the hands of those who are willing to do what it takes to get you through to the other side.

Now that my treatment has ended, I am looking forward to being able to tell people that I am cured.”

Don Wallace
Throat Cancer survivor
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas