February 14, 2014

Heidi Brodmarkle | Breast Cancer Survivor

brodmarkle

“I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer in February 2012, although I suspected something was wrong before that. At the time I lived in Maryland, and that’s where I received my initial treatment.

As an officer in the Army National Guard, I was transferred to Arkansas in June. I continued my chemo and radiation treatment at Cancer Institute. The staff here has been wonderful. All of the nurses and techs are great. My nurse was especially helpful in explaining my treatment and easing my mom’s concerns when she came to visit.

I want people to know how important it is to pay attention to your body, trust your doctors and stay positive. You have to rely on other people to help you get through this so you can weed out the nonsense on the Internet and focus on being positive.

The Seed of Hope celebration is a neat way to recognize a milestone in your treatment. It will be good to get past this experience, but I’m glad to say that everyone I’ve come in contact with has been supportive and helpful.”

Heidi Brodmarkle
Breast cancer survivor
Cabot, Ark.