January 23, 2018

Carolyn F. Davie | Cervical Cancer Survivor

“I was diagnosed about two months ago with Stage 1 cervical cancer, and today I’m in remission!

When I found out I had cancer, it was a surprise. Cancer doesn’t run in our family, and I know that you sometimes have to watch for that. After I had my talk with Jesus, I was fine. Whatever I had to go through, he was with me.

I am the eldest girl in a family of 12 brothers and sisters. I have five sisters and four brothers still living, and they take care of me. My mom and dad had been married 54 years when she passed. We are family folks and take care of each other.

After I was diagnosed, my gynecologist suggested that I come to UAMS for treatment. When I got here and saw what a big place it was, I was worried. But once I met Dr. Zorn and Dr. Peacock, I knew this was the place I needed to be. They were wonderful and our spirits just connected.

Having a positive attitude helps you and your family too. On this journey, I’ve met so many people. Some didn’t catch their cancer as early as mine was caught. I’ve had a chance to listen to them talk about their families and get to know them. I just love people.

Tonight, I’m going to take a deep breath and keep on doing what I’m doing. I celebrate every day. I always pray that the Lord will let me brighten someone else’s day. Each day He gives us is a day to do something good for someone else.”

Carolyn F. Davie
Cervical cancer survivor
Conway, Ark.