May 21, 2018

Donna Duckworth | Multiple Myeloma Survivor

“It has truly been a journey in my life, of my life and for my life. I first need to give thanks to the Almighty God for his amazing divine covering and healing. I want to thank my doctor for his commitment to my health care and his patience in dealing with me. I also want to thank the nurses, technicians and all of the administrative staff, as well.

I’m also thankful for the various nonprofit organizations that provided financial assistance that enabled my family to travel to see me and helped in paying for medication, meals and hotels.

I offer a special thank you to my family. To my husband who has been true to our vows ‘to love and to cherish in sickness and in health.’ He never complained and never turned his back on me.

To our children, who spent birthdays, holidays, spring break, and summer vacation time with me in the hospital — thank you. You didn’t fall behind in school. You didn’t get involved with the wrong crowd. You never stopped loving, living or laughing.

Today marks the dawn of a new journey as we move forward together in love unity and devotion.”

Donna Duckworth
Multiple myeloma survivor
Wynne, Ark.