- Identifying facilitators and barriers – for UAMS researchers and for the community – to conducting community-informed research, clinical care and programs.
- Identifying priorities for what the COE Office should do to advance its mission.
- Communicating UAMS and community partners’ successes to external stakeholders across Arkansas.
- Developing a speaker’s bureau and enlisting CAB support for our research efforts around participating with the roll out of the survivorship survey in partnership with UAMS researchers.
- Fighting cancer in 12 rural persistent poverty areas, focusing on African Americans, through focus group and needs assessment distributions
- CAB members partnering with community-based organizations to provide community events that focus on health education and health screenings
Community Advisory Board members are asked to serve for minimum of two-years by attending quarterly meetings.