To develop and sustain a community that enthusiastically joins together with Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute to reduce the burden of cancer and eliminate cancer disparities in rural, underrepresented, and underserved populations within the state of Arkansas.
Union County CONNECT will promote rural health care through collaboratively enhancing cancer prevention/education to reduce cancer disparities in Union County.
To assist our partners in Union County to become among Arkansas premier providers of cancer prevention, education and service.
- Identifying and addressing barriers to accessing care in Union County
- Developing a team
- Identifying a targeted population for education and prevention
- Identifying resources and responsibilities
- Collaborating with the Medical Center of South Arkansas
Community Advisory Board Members
- Pictures, positions, and titles pending
Roles and Responsibilities of the board:
- To act as an advisory body providing guidance and direction related to cancer in Union County.
- To identify important health, health care and research needs and advise on how we can meet those needs.
- To meet routinely for the purpose of receiving a report of the progress and current status of what is being done.
- To help connect us with community partners to help expand research opportunities to rural and underrepresented Arkansans in Union County
- To assist in making the general public, the business and industrial community aware of and informed about the cancer resources available.